Monday, November 14, 2011

Side effects of Rimadyl

So my dog ripped the crap out of her paw this year. Didn't witness it, no idea how she did it. I just came back from the grocery store, and she refused to put any weight on it. Then it swelled up, so I took her in to the Vet. They X-rayed the foot and determined she hadn't broken it. Prescribed Rimadyl. You know that ad where elderly yellow labs are playing? Not exactly! After two pills Bailey was pooping straight blood. I took her back in because I knew what was going on. Her liver panels were off as well. I will never give a dog Rimadyl again! It was intended for human arthritis and denied by the FDA. So they marketed it as dog drugs for arthritis and Dysplasia. Luckily Bailey is fine, but use caution when using this drug, and report it to the FDA.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a good blog for anyone who wants to know about affiliate jump.Thanks for sharing such a nice information to everyone. ciprofloxacin 500mg

Margot said...

Most welcome. I just do what I do. I try to source my information so I am not feeding you a lot of crap.

Unknown said...

My dog was taking rimadyl for joint pain and I noticed he wasn't feeling well and was getting really sick. I didn't know how dangerous rimadyl was but thought it might be that so I stopped it right away and called the vet. His liver numbers where horrible. my vet said she didn't think it was the rimasyl and that it was safe. I went home and did some online research and found out dogs are dying from it so I took the info to my vet and told her I would not give it to him. My dog ended up with liver cancer and I know it is due to the rimadyl!After 2 months of being off the rimadyl, giving him Denamarin and a homemade dog food consisting of rice, ground turkey and frozen mixed vegtables (I cook the ground turkey, add cooked rice and the vetables together) his vet could not believe how much his liver had improved! When she first told me he had liver cancer she game him 6 to 9 months to live, it has been over a year now and he is doing pretty well except for the him issues. I have 3 dogs and I feed all 3 this diet.